It's that time of year again, time to schedule for your Spring session! There are always questions when preparing for your session so here are a few tips to make the most out of it.
1. booking your session, Of course you want your session outdoors to take advantage of the beauty of spring, but spring flowers also mean spring showers, so it's a good idea to have a backup date in mind just incase.....or bring your umbrellas and rain boots for something fun. ;)
2. Wear layers. Spring can be unpredictable in the sense that you can go from freezing to sweltering in a matter of minutes. Especially here in Arkansas. I suggest wearing layers~ Tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarves, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
3. When choosing your families outfits, play into the colors of Spring. shades of Green, blue, pink & yellows are always a hit for Springtime. When choosing a color scheme for the family, pick out a few different colors or variations of, and add accessories to bring it all together. This makes for more a more eye appealing portrait than if everyone is too matchy matchy .
4. Speaking of accessories, WEAR THEM! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into your theme/color scheme.
5. Be conscious of your footwear. Springtime can often mean soggy ground, so flip flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead think about wearing something comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.
6. Having small children, it can sometimes be a challenge and just plain stressful to make them be still and smile. It's always a good idea to be prepared but to also to just go with the flow. Bringing small items that can be included in the photos such as a small bouquet of fresh flowers, bubbles, etc are helpful. Download their favorite songs on your phone for a dance party (those make for great candids), have a few snacks on hand, and just having a few play breaks will make the session be more fun than work for them.
7. The most important part of any session any time of the year is to just have fun. This shouldn't be a chore, you are wanting someone to capture a time in your life that you can treasure forever. So stay calm, have fun and let the magic happen!
I hope these tips were helpful and can't wait to see you this Spring!